Spicy Bison & Elk Chili
We’ve covered chili before in one of our past videos, but here is yet another great way to prepare delicious chili using Salsa De Leon, just follow this recipe and taste the spiciness!
- Prep Time: 60
- Cook Time: 3
- Total Time: 63
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. ground bison
- 1lb. ground elk
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar Salsa De Leon, desired heat level
- 8 oz. canned or fresh green chilies.
- 1 – 10 oz. can diced tomatoes & green chilies
- Heat cooking oil in a skillet.
- Add celery, onion and garlic to skillet and saute until onions are tender.
- Add bison and elk to skillet and brown.
- Add chili powder, cumin, thyme, salt and pepper to meat mixture. Combine well.
- Add Salsa De Leon, canned or fresh green chilies, and diced tomatoes & green chilies.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve & enjoy!
Find our salsas at select H-E-B stores or visit our website www.salsadeleon.com to see a list of other retailers or to order online for shipping.
- Serving Size: 4