If you’ve been looking for an out of this world shrimp recipe…you just found it. This recipe covers all palates – sweet, tangy & spicy. Find us at H-E-B or www.salsadeleon.com. Side note: Marcus Ohlenforst is a 25 year Marine veteran. Thank you Marcus for your service and the recipe.
1 pound fresh shrimp (peeled & deveined)
1 jar Salsa De Leon Texas Mild
1 tablespoon citrus garlic seasoning
3 tablespoons of honey
1 cup of chopped cilantro
1 lime 6-8 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, for topping
4–6 corn tortillas
Combine shrimp, Salsa De Leon, citrus garlic seasoning, 2 tablespoons of honey and ½ cup chopped cilantro. Refrigerate and allow shrimp to marinade for 1 hour.
1. After the shrimp has marinated add ¾ of the chopped garlic to shrimp mixture, save some for topping.
2. Mix well.
3. Add cooking oil to skillet and cook shrimp 2 minutes on each side, until fully cooked.
4. Add 1 tbsp of honey before removing shrimp from the skillet to form a glaze.
5. Remove shrimp from the skillet and lightly sprinkle with more citrus garlic seasoning, red pepper flakes, fresh lime juice and fresh chopped garlic.
6. Serve on a warm, crispy corn tortilla and top with chopped cilantro and Salsa De Leon.